Most of us underestimate the power of massage, seeing it as a pleasurable experience, but unlikely to change our lives. In fact, subconsciously, we rely enormously on our sense of touch. Throughout our lives we need physical contact in order to feel accepted, secure and loved.
In Swedish Body Massage all the strokes relate to the body’s circulatory and lymphatic systems. In this way they help to encourage the body’s organs and systems to function normally and speed the healing process of damaged tissue. During the massage I use oils to facilitate smooth, gliding stokes and a gentle to medium pressure and muscle manipulation to promote relaxation and ease out tension.
I always tailor the session to meet your needs – I don’t simply follow a set routine. Some clients prefer a deeper pressure, particularly in areas where tension is often held, whereas others prefer a light, relaxing stroke so they can drift off somewhere nice and simply enjoy the sensation of touch – it’s up to you.
I have also completed the practitioners course in No Hands massage – the dynamic new form of massage that is sweeping across the world as one of the most powerful new theraputic massage treatments available.
Bad back and neck issues? I have developped a 90 minute treatment which focuses specifically on the back and neck using a combination of massage and reflexology. The first 60 minutes focus on using massage techniques to release areas of tension on the back and neck. I also incorporate gentle neck manipulation and stretches. You can then completely relax and enjoy 30 minutes of reflexology focusing on the back and neck reflexes. Altogether a powerful combination.
Some of the benefits of Massage are:
- It improves blood circulation which delivers oxygen and nutrients to cells
- Stimulates the lymphatic system which carries away waste products – this can help reduce the unsightly appearance of cellulite and enhance the immune system
- Release endorphins – amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Prevents and relieves muscle cramps and spasms and aids joint mobility
- Alleviate back pain and improve range of motion
- Can help with pain management such as sciatica, muscle spasms and arthritis
- It is a deeply relaxing treatment that can help with stress management
- It encourages the whole body to relax which can help promote deep and refreshing sleep
If you have any questions about whether a Swedish Body Massage is right for you, don’t hesitate to give me a ring for an informal chat.
Please note I do not provide sports or deep tissue massage.