Indian Head Massage has been practised in India for over a thousand years. It was brought to the west in the 1970’s when the therapy was extended to include the shoulders, neck, upper arms and face.
As we tend to spend most of our time in our heads, this treatment can really help calm the mind and is surprisingly deeply relaxing. As well as relieving muscular tension, it calms the spirit, improves blood circulation to the head, enhances the senses and promotes clear thinking.
- Some clients have reported improvement of migraine, headaches and sinus conditions
- Improved quality and quantity of sleep
- Improved suppleness and flexibility to head, neck and shoulders
- Increase of oxygen to the brain aiding clearer thinking and improved memory
- Calms the respiratory system which may help with breathing related disorders
- Promotes a sense of calmness, peace and tranquility
- Release from anxiety, stress and mental strain
- Renewed energy
- Improved levels of concentration
- Chakra balancing and energetic healing