What is food intolerance?
Food intolerance can result from your body reacting badly to certain foods. Often the foods we include regularly in our diet or the foods we crave may be the ones causing us a problem. Research has shown that food intolerances can be linked to IgG antibodies produce when these ‘problem foods’ are eaten. Normally these antibodies do not have any ill-effects, but if the immune or digestive system are. Not working optimally, their presence may cause a wide range of symptoms.
How do I know if I have a food intolerance?
Ask yourself if you have any of the following chronic unpleasant symptoms:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Stomach cramps/abdominal pain
What can I do about it?
Talk to Adele about doing a Food Detective test as part of your consultation. Many people experience an improvement in symptoms and health after changing their diet based on their Food Detective results. Like any diagnostic test, Food Detective will only produce meaningful results if you are experiencing symptoms. Some symptoms of food intolerance could be due to other health issues and it is important to see your doctor to rule these out.
Why should I do a test?
Reduce symptoms quickly.
Symptoms can persist for several days or longer, making it difficult to identify which foods your body is struggling to deal with.
The Food Detective test helps to identify these ‘problem’ foods by detecting IgG antibodies in your blood. Using these results as a guide you and your health care professional can then adjust and plan your new diet.
What is Food Detective?
Food Detective is a test which Adele can perform during your consultation, by taking a pin prick of blood. It tests for IgG antibodies which can be associated with food intolerance. It gives quick results empowering you to take control of your health.
Food Detective tests for reactions to the following foods:
- Corn, Durum Wheat, Gluten, Oats, Rice, Rye, Wheat
- Freshwater Fish Mix (salmon, trout), Shellfish Mix (shrimp, prawn, crab, lobster, mussel), Tuna, White Fish Mix (haddock, cod, plaice)
- Apple, Blackcurrant, Grapefruit, Melon Mix (cantaloupe, watermelon), Olive, Orange & Lemon, Strawberry, Tomato
- Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork
- Cow’s Milk, Egg (whole)
- Almond, Brazil, Cashew, Peanut, Walnut
- Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Leek, Legume Mix (pea, lentil, haricot), Peppers (red, green, yellow), Potato, Soya Bean
- Cocoa Bean, Garlic, Ginger, Mushroom, Tea, Yeast
What happens after the test?
Adele will work with you to create a diet which eliminates our problem foods, offer healthy alternatives and guidance on how to re-introduce foods. Typically, a customised diet will be followed for around 3 months to allow the symptoms to subside and give the body time to recover.
Ask Adele about Food Detective today