I first became interested in reflexology after witnessing the profound effect it had on a friend of mine who was seriously ill. During the training, despite my tutor’s enthusiasm, I was quite sceptical about exactly what reflexology could achieve, until I started my case studies and witnessed first hand the changes in my clients and the deep level of relaxation that could be achieved.
This spurred me on to learn more about complementary therapies so I trained in swedish body massage and deep tissue massage. I have also attended additional training courses and seminars to keep my skills up to date, and have a keen interest in diet and nutrition, which I feel is a key factor in keeping well. Due to this, I am currently training as a Naturopathic Nutritionalist with the College of Naturopathic Medicine, which will enable me to take a truly holistic approach with all my clients.
I have been practicing complementary therapies for over 8 years now and during that time I have witnessed many positive changes in my clients. Due to advertising restrictions we are not allowed to make claims regarding the effectiveness of complementary therapies with regard to specific conditions, however medical trials have been done that demonstrate the efficacy of these wonderful therapies . If you want to have a look for yourself, please click on the links tab where you will find studies conducted on insomnia, back pain, high blood pressure and anxiety. Also you can google ‘reflexology for fertility’ to read some interesting articles from the Mail online.
I am trained to the very highest level in all the therapies I offer, so you can be assured of a competent, professional treatment every time. I am fully insured and a member of the Association of Reflexologists and the Federation of Holistic Therapists. I also have experience working in hospices, and have regular corporate clients.
- Reflexology – ABC Level 3 Diploma, Advanced Vertical Reflex Technique ( I trained with Lynne Booth who pioneered this technique). Pregnancy therapy, Enhancing fertility and Maternity Care.
- Swedish Body Massage – VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Swedish Body Massage
- Indian Head Massage – VTCT Level 3 Diploma
- Reiki – Level 2 attunement
- Certificate to administer Hopi Ear Candles
- No Hands Massage Transforming Touch 3 day workshop completed March 2013
- Louise Hay ‘You Can Heal Your Life’ teacher training – June 2014